Peace for the World

Peace for the World
First democratic leader of Justice the Godfather of the Sri Lankan Tamil Struggle: Honourable Samuel James Veluppillai Chelvanayakam

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Video:Party we built is being dominated by ethanol-drug mafia – Janaka Bandara laments

lankaturthMinister Janaka Bandara Tennekone has broken down while making a speech at T.B. Tennekone Hall at Galewela today (30th) and after 5 minutes of silence has made a very emotional speech.

He has said the SLFP was being dominated by ethanol and drug mafia.

Speaking further Mr. Janaka Bandara Tennekone has said, “I’m a pure SLFP party man. I told the President regarding the resentment I received from certain quarters in the party. I told Namal at Dambulla. No one took any notice of my story. They didn’t care for what I told them about the destruction being done to the party I and my father helped to build.

I don’t like the SLFP being dominated by anyone. The election should be contested only after correcting the party. It’s my stand.”

Mr. Janaka Bandara Tennekone’s father T.B. Tennekone was a founder member of the SLFP.